So what is Birdtober?
- Birdtober, inspired by inktober is a daily art challenge occuring in October
- Each day you create a piece of art based on that day’s prompt.
- Post your art on Instagram tagging me @kaylafiskbirds and use the hashtag #birdtoberclub and #birdtoberclub2023.
So Why Participate?
- It is a great way to get started to learn to draw/paint or to help develop a more regular art routine.
- It’s a fun way to learn more about some of the 10,000+ bird species in the world.
- Anyone who completes all 31 days can get a free sticker with this year’s logo (to be announced).
Keep an eye out for!
- This year’s logo
- A shop featuring last year and this year’s logo on various products, 50% of the proceeds will be donated to a bird charity!
- Merlin phone app
- Cornell’s Birds of the World (Paid Subscription)
- Facebook Group- The Nature Journal Club
1. Spark Bird- The species who sparked your love of birds/birdwatching
2. Choose any Duck or Goose Species
3. Any long-legged bird
4. Any bird Species that is commonly seen in your yard/garden.
5. Any bird you choose.
6. A bird species who is a master of blending into their habitat.
7. Any Wren species.
8. Last bird you saw
9. Any bird species who’s diet primarily consists of insects.
10. A bird demonstrating their courtship display.
11. Any bird species that has spots or speckles in its plumage.
12. Any small bird.
13. A bird species you most want to see in the wild.
14. Any bird species with a bold supercilium line.
15. Any bird species who population is in decline.
16. Ruddy Turnstone
17. A bird who’s main color is your favorite color(s).
18. Any bird species who’s primary diet consists of fish.
19. Any bird species you choose.
20. A bird who may be mainly one or two drap colors, but has a spot of one bright color.
21. A bird who primarily eats leftovers, primarily dead animals.
22. Any bird species that eats other animals, usually mammals or other birds.
23. A bird species with a beak that has a species adaptation, color, shape, etc.
24. A bird species that looks for food on the ground.
25. Any baby bird.
26. Any bird species of your choice.
27. A bird who is particularly musical, you like their song.
28. Any bird species that has a fleshy comb, wattle or caruncle.
29. A bird species with a bright colorful eye.
30. Any finch or member of the finch family.
31. Red-necked Stint.